No post this week, unfortunately. DeathSpank is in the final stages before certification, which is tremendously exciting, but also a mountain of frantic work. For those that haven't finaled a game, it involves fixing wholly unexpected bugs like:
If game is paused as controller is unplugged and submerged in a bucket of chum, game will hang and possibly shock player.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. The user starts a new game.
2. Submerge controller in bucket of shark chum. Water will not work.
3. Pause game and unplug controller simultaneously.
4. Notice that upon cleaning and reconnecting controller, game will not respond.
5. User may be severely shocked if hands are improperly submerged in chum.
Please see attached screenshot.
Suggested Fix or Results:
Game should not hang and/or player should not be horribly electrified.
(I say this having nothing but love and respect for our awesome QA guys. However, they find the most amazing things that I can hold no one but myself responsible for.)
I'm really looking forward to having other people finally play (and hopefully enjoy) DeathSpank. Being able to see the finish line is great, so I hope you'll forgive the mild downtime during the final sprint.